• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Pamco electronic ignition or ???

CB750Todd

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alrighty...so I'm ready to upgrade my '75 to electronic ignition and I think I want the Pamco Ultimate kit. Does anyone have any feedback on this unit or anything equivalent?? Also where should I buy the unit...of course my first choice is cb750supply.com but they are out of stock..maybe I'll resort to the ol' Egay to find it. Any enlightenment on this will be greatly appreciated

Pete sells the ignition systems off his website http://www.cb750ignition.com/ You can get the other components on cb750supply.com or http://www.vintagecb750.com/.

I'm planning on using this system on my 75, when I get the funds together and I get to that point in my project.

I have two Yamaha xs650s that I switched from points over to his system. I'm very happy with them. You just have to be careful you wire it up correctly or you'll fry the board. Also, depending on your coils, you don't want to run it not hooked up to the plugs touching the head. You can fry your coil that way too.

Pete sells the ignition systems off his website http://www.cb750ignition.com/ You can get the other components on cb750supply.com or http://www.vintagecb750.com/.

I'm planning on using this system on my 75, when I get the funds together and I get to that point in my project.

I have two Yamaha xs650s that I switched from points over to his system. I'm very happy with them. You just have to be careful you wire it up correctly or you'll fry the board. Also, depending on your coils, you don't want to run it not hooked up to the plugs touching the head. You can fry your coil that way too.

Yeah...cb750ignition.com only shows the basic kit and vintagecb750.com wants $78 shipping, YIKES.. I really need the coils and wires and stuff.. I suppose I'll have to order just the basic unit then pick up all the other pieces from here,there and yonder... Thanks for the info

Alrighty...I ordered the Dyna S electronic ignition kit yesterday from Dynoman Performance out of Austin,TX...I should get it in a few days. I will post an update of how installation and performance go!

I installed the Dyna S ignition with new coils and plug wires, it was an easy install. Seems to work great except now it seems I may need to go up on my main jets, I have 125's in it now but maybe with all the new spark it may need more fuel...I wouldnt have thought I would need to go any bigger but it seems to be starving for fuel at higher rpms, I'll go through the carbs again to make sure they are clean.. does anyone run jets much bigger than 125, I have pod air filters and 4 into 2 exhaust..

125 is already pretty big. I run 125 in my 836, ported head, big cam motor. Only time I have ever had to run really big jets in a stock motor is with short drag pipes or really crappy cheap exhaust system. Are you sure it is not running to rich? A good ignition system will make for a much more complete fuel mixture burn.

I went through the carbs today...again... found a little bit of trash in the bowls and pulled the petcock out and found the screen in the tank was pretty dirty, drained the tank flushed it out, will get an inline filter tomorrow and get it back together. ..hopefully my problems will be solved

I went through the carbs today...again... found a little bit of trash in the bowls and pulled the petcock out and found the screen in the tank was pretty dirty, drained the tank flushed it out, will get an inline filter tomorrow and get it back together. ..hopefully my problems will be solved
What part number did you order for your Dyna-s?

I'm thinking about getting one if my CDI boxes are bad.

Its a different setup between the sohc motor and the dohc motor. Cycle X has ignition systems also for the dohc motors.

What part number did you order for your Dyna-s?

I'm thinking about getting one if my CDI boxes are bad.

I'm not sure of the part # and I am at work work right now so I can't go look at the box but I ordered it from Dynoman Performance in Austin,Tx...they offer 2 different set ups, one for race/hot street and one for street, I ordered the street kit... the only difference is the coils... I got the complete set up with ignition plate,coils and wires and it cost me $323 with shipping and everything, not cheap but well worth it...got it installed, got a carbs all cleaned again and it seems to be running great...I got the timimg set spot on at idle but when the advance kicks in its a little off, I still need to sort that out but other than that it sems to be a great set up!!

Does anyone know if Pete is still selling the PAMCO unit? I ordered it from cb750ignition.com 2 weeks ago and I have not heard one word regarding my order. I emailed Pete at the cb750 website and the Yamaha ignition website but no word back. I know he was paid because Paypal completed the transaction and sent him his money. Anyone have a similar experience with Pete? I am starting to worry now because it is the only thing keeping my cb750 restoration from completion and if he is bogus I will need to order the unit from someone else again and wait for another 2 weeks!

Someone complained on xs650.com too. Pete did reply that he is backed up with a huge order going to Canada.
Keep in mind, Pete is just one guy making these ignition systems, probably in his garage or basement. He's a great guy, but I'm afraid it sounds like he's getting over his head. Probably needs to hire someone to process his orders, so he can get back to what he does best. Making an excellent product.

Someone complained on xs650.com too. Pete did reply that he is backed up with a huge order going to Canada.
Keep in mind, Pete is just one guy making these ignition systems, probably in his garage or basement. He's a great guy, but I'm afraid it sounds like he's getting over his head. Probably needs to hire someone to process his orders, so he can get back to what he does best. Making an excellent product.

I received the part last night! I figured it was something like that. I just hate dealing with PayPal and was starting to worry. All is well! Hope to have her running this weekend.

George

I just installed a Pamco I bought from CB750supply earlier this week. It's a nice unit and works very well but..... Pete needs to take a little more pride in his product. The wiring is just plain lazy and sloppy. In order to save a shave a few dollars off the manufacturing price there's 2 cables with 3 wires each where there only need to be 3 wires total.

A couple ground screws and a single jumper between units and a single plug n play 3 wire cable could be used. One Blue with bullet connector, one Yellow with bullet connector, and one Blk/W with bullet/barrel connector to go inline with the brake lamp switch, all wrapped in a proper protective sheath like the replacement points and condensor unit, and this baby would plug right into the stock wiring harness and only cost a few dollars more to produce.

Back