K6 Carb Slow Jet Question

Friartuck

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Question regarding a 1976 K6 Carb and the the slow jet (also called the pilot jet) the small one next to the main jet). Is there a hole (passage) in the barrel of the jet near where the threads begin and the four small holes are in the side of the barrel? I can't tell if I have a serious clog or am hitting the end of the hole with my dental pick (needle). Anyone care to predict the result if a small #70 size drill hole were made inside the jet?

Edit: the number on the side reads "40"

Attachments

• K6CARBSLOWJET.jpg
    K6CARBSLOWJET.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Yes the hole should go all the way through the jet. Soak in carb clean and used compressed air. I dont like sticking things in the jets because of the soft brass you can inadvertantly enlarge the hole which will change your jetting. I takes very little change in hole size to change jetting.

dirtdigger, Thanks for the reply. I thought it was obvious that the hole would go all the way through, but didn't want to risk ruining the jet to find out. It was just too much of a coincidence that all four were clogged that no instrument, metal pick or toothpick would push through. I also see that CB750 supply sells a complete set of jets which we'll put on the list for the next order. FYI, I tried ultrasonic cleaning the carbs and I was not overly impressed. Perhaps it was the fluid I was using.

I dont have an ultra sonic cleaner but I have heard different cleaners make a big difference in how well it works, temperature is also a big factor in how well it cleans.

Back