• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

74' barn find...no title..no key

Jpwhit1

CB750 Member
Reaction score
New to cb forum and cb's. I'm a xs 650 guy but have always wanted a cb. I have an opportunity to purchase a 74 cb 750. Hasn't run in years. Long story short, older gentleman died with a barn full of goodies, the person Im buying from was given bike by relative, didn't have time to work on. He was able to track down owner of barns son. Son said he had no knowledge of said bike.. with a detectable wink. Price of bike is 250.00. I pick up tomorrow. Any advice? image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks

If it was here in Illinois, the relative along with a death certificate could probably apply for a lost title which would cost I think $95. At the same time, the title could be transferred to the buyer for the normal fees (I think $125 including a license plate). I'd try to get with the relative and get a title.

Maybe a title will be easy in your state, maybe not... if not, I'd go for a frame only with title. Or, you'll likely get way more than the $250 invested just for the stock exhaust if it's solid.

Pretty strange Mine was built late 71 but titled a 72 all the indicator lights are in the speedo and tach no handlebar dash panel?

By that number is is considered a 72 or a K2...almost a very first 72. First 1972 is a cb750-2000001

So is it considered a 72 or 71? Also, did anything change between years? Thanks for humoring a 750 newbie. ��

Its a 72. There are a lot of changes through out the years, some inside some outside. Some aesthetics some mechanical. To many to list.

Back