Full Face Helmet that Opens Up

rhuizenga28

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I found a helmet on Amazon for $65 that seems pretty great. The face slides up as it's a modular helmet and it has glasses that pop down as well. I always wear a full face helmet, but I had a question about how safe these modular helmets are. Does the face pop up often in a crash?

I was looking at the mechanism that holds the face in place and it looks like it's just two very thick plastic pieces on each side. The helmet is great but I wonder if this would hold up an accident.
28878b9ec929d2fac0f97f52f376f510.jpg
c4d4f81d6fe5ba105fd9da56408b9a8e.jpg

After a year of wearing a modular I was done with it...there is a lot of extra weight in the mechanisms for the sun visor and the half face that lifts up..

In the grand scheme of things it’s not a lot of weight (maybe 1/2-3/4 lb) but when you’re supporting it with your neck it gets to be a lot after an hour or so of riding...

Now I have a carbon fiber sedici and I’ll never go back it’s super light!

Also just my two cents...don’t go cheap on your head gear...best place to get a good helmet at a decent price ($200 or less) is cycle gear clearance section...you have to go to a store though not online...

When they do inventory closeouts in house you can get 4-5 hundred dollar helmets for half off...

This model is very nice. I remember I saw it recently on Amazon. The only problem for me is that not all helmets are the same size as what I see on the internet. This is why I don't order them online. Recently a friend of mine ordered a nice and cheap one from yourmotobro.com. With Bluetooth, a very nice design and the price is affordable for such a quality. My mates gifted me the same model and I am very pleased with it. It's very comfortable for long-distance rides, the quality of sound is very nice and it connects easily.

Last edited:
This model is very nice. I remember I saw it recently on Amazon. The only problem for me is that not all helmets are the same size as what I see on the internet. This is why I don't order them online. Recently a friend of mine ordered a nice and cheap one from yourmotobro.com. With Bluetooth, a very nice design and the price is affordable for such a quality. My mates gifted me the same model and I am very pleased with it. It's very comfortable for long-distance rides, the quality of sound is very nice and it connects easily.
I love it. What kind of helmet is it?

Back