Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Is #4 still leaking? You said clear tube shows number 4 is at just above 1/4 inch from top of bowl, does it stay that way over time ? If it stays at that level and still leaks it could be a hairline crack in bowl by the drain screw from overtightening.

No more leaks, the drain screw was loose. I have the carbs off the bike again and will
    check actual fuel levels tomorrow. The floats are set with a gauge at 14.5 mm so we will
    see how that relates to the real fuel level. I had to get new clear plastic fuel line, what I had
    was not fuel line and the gasoline melted it. Jet sizes are so weird, no relationship between
    jet sizes from company to company. Still wondering about the size of the hole in the slow
    jet/emulsion tube. I can pass a high "E", .010 guitar string through them but the bike will not idle.

now that the accel rail is pumping and the low idle jets are clean have you set the air fuel mixture screws on the bottoms of the carbs? I believe mine are at 1 and a 1/2 turns out. have the carbs been synced yet?

The air screws are set at 1 3/4 turns out. I have not synched the carbs. I have not separated the linkage so they should be pretty close. I can not sync the carbs until I get it to run a little better. There is a tiny hole in front of the slides. Where does it go?? I have blown carb cleaner through every place I can find but nothing comes out of those tiny holes. My eyesight is really poor, I use a bright light and a mirror to see those holes.

I'm back. I have cleaned everything I can and tested the fuel level with the clear plastic tube method. All bowls check withing the 2mm to 4mm below the top of the float bowl, so that is good. I can see no reason that this bike will not idle. I did see one bit of info that may help me understand this problem. It seems these bikes are cold natures because of running so lean. I may be expecting the bike to idle before it is properly warmed up. I will put the carbs back on later today and see how it goes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234