• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

RPE Racing CB1200 feature on Rapid Magazine Australia

RPE Racing

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So we got our race bike featured by the good people at Rapid Magazine in Australia. They tried our bike early this year at Phillip Island when the Island Classics was on (we got 2nd by the way).

Nice introduction on how the big bore CBs came about on this side of the world!

The bike has since evolved, as usual ;)

Enjoy and let us know what you think. Next race is later this month in Tasmania.

IMG_05112016_200114.jpg

IMG_05112016_200132.jpg

IMG_05112016_200557.jpg

IMG_05112016_200957.jpg

IMG_05112016_200839.jpg

IMG_05112016_200933.jpg

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Good stuff, you seem to have reliability figured out. Do you use the stock primary chain setup? Do you do any mods to the rubber cush drive inside? Seems primary chains are the biggest issue everyone has with the sohc when the power goes up.

Same issue with the DOHCs, they are breaking them pretty quick too. Last I heard the new 'straight port' DOHC head had opened up power levels up to a very possible 180ish hp., but the primary is holding that back, the chains and tensioners die really quick. Went to gear drive primary but still trying to get that right. They found some ways to push engine size up too but kinda useless until that primary issue is fixed.

We use the common Audi based primary chains. Never had an issue.

Yes we upgrade our cush drives with stronger rubber 'pellets' and a different cush drive plate that reduces its travel so the rubbers are not subjected to as much strain.

We meant to release that upgrade but haven't found the time.

Brent Hyde is a pioneer and our kind of guy. Hope he gets it sorted.

are the audi chain a bolt in deal? I have been using the heavy duty chains from cyclex, but always looking for better parts and they are quite pricy. sounds like you have a lot of good parts in the works. I definitely interested in the stronger rubber. What do you use for the tensioner?

are the audi chain a bolt in deal? I have been using the heavy duty chains from cyclex, but always looking for better parts and they are quite pricy. sounds like you have a lot of good parts in the works. I definitely interested in the stronger rubber. What do you use for the tensioner?

They are the same chain. The Audi one is of course much cheaper but you have to break it and make two chains out of them. Not hard at all.

Tensioner, if we cannot get new ones, we machine out of plastic.

Back