• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Just Picked up a 76 CB750F

Bonzai

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello to all,

New to the forum and to owning the CB750.

A couple of quick questions;

There is a bit of a rattle from the engine when cold and idling...normal?
Occasionally, the transmission seems to get caught between gears. I think I remember this happening on my 1974 Honda XL100 also, but that was a long time ago.

Great to be here. Overall it a great bike and a lot of fun to ride. I have wanted one ever since my high school days.

Cheers,
Bonzai

Attachments

• 1976 Honda CB750.jpg
    1976 Honda CB750.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 96
These engines do make a fair amount of mechanical noise. It gets worse with an old tune up and if the carbs are not in sync. Go through all the tuneup up adjustments first, adjust cam chain, adjust valve clearances, sync the carbs, check and adjust points, check compression etc. The primary chains like to make noise if the idle is too low and if the carb sync is off. Carb sync is very important to a smooth running motor. There is always the possibility of internal issues with how old the machine is but do a complete tune/adjust first and see if it is better.

This............

'The primary chains like to make noise if the idle is too low and if the carb sync is off. Carb sync is very important to a smooth running motor.'

Can't emphasize that enough.

Back