• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750 super sport carbs running lean.

Wills 750ss

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi again all,
I was able to get my carbs. all reassembled and installed. Checked my point gaps and cleaned and checked gaps on plugs. Emptied and cleaned out gas tank and put in new gas. I haven't installed to airbox yet just tried to get it running. Charged up battery and it roared to life, used Choke to get started. After a running awhile to warm up, started backing off choke and it dies. It will not run unless choke is on full. Now I'm not a newbe at mechanical things but ?????? I set the mixture screws to 1 3/4 turns as suggested in the manual, so I'm thinking it should at least kind of run.
Suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance.
Bill

Base idle set way too low? Either that or like said your idle passages are still plugged.

Pretty much thought I had cleaned out good enough and used air to blow out all passages but will try again. I was reading some older posts and one was about checking for a screen in the tank where the petcock is attached. I thought there was a good flow at the fuel line but will have to double check. Also I may try adjusting the throttle linkage differently I'm not sure grasping at straws at this point.
Thanks again, will keep you posted. Bill

Back