1980 triple tree clamp swaps...?

sLoWnStEaDy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
short: What years/makes/models triple tree upper clamps with bolt onto my '80 CB750? Not worried about any mounting point for gauges or anything like that...

long: Hey guys, I picked up a CB750 a couple weeks ago for $100 as I was bored and wanted to build a motorcycle. LOL I've built dozens of cars, figured it was time to give a bike a try. I'm doing fairly well on it so far, just need ideas for an upper clamp. I am looking for a more solid style clamp, not like the hollow junk with the built in risers that came on the bike. I prefer a "junkyard swap" type deal, like "grab an upper from a (insert year/make/model) and you're set." I just need something more solid, I've got some risers on hand already but want to move them in like 1/2"-1" on the upper. obviously, I can't do that with the stock, hollow aluminum foil clamp that is on there without a good bit of reinforcement and what not. I'd rather not go that route if I don't have to.

It doesn't have to be a super pretty flat top, just enough meat that I can work with it.

So, here is what I have: (as you can see, once I shave the risers, there's nothing left)

Here is more what I want. Something smooth on top with a little meat for modifying. This in particular is a CBR600 clamp, just wanted to give an idea what I am looking for.

Now, I have seen people fill the stockers in solid and then mod but that just seems like a pain to me. It will be my last resort...

Guess I'll just take it up an have it filled in and milled down. Not going to get ^^THAT^^ carried away though. LOL

Thanks but I just took it up and had it welded/machined down. Ran me $80 but it was done in an hour and I got to support a small, local business so I can't complain. It turned out pretty good, My risers should be here tomorrow so I should have an update to my build thread where the upper will be shown.

Back