• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1970 Honda CB750

Tony Pitt

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Guys, I just joined this site yesterday and spent a lot of time checking out a lot of good projects that are going on as well as complete. I was recently able to purchase the first Motorcycle I ever set on. When I was a kid, one of my neighborhood friends Dad owned a 1970 Honday CB750, and as kids do when parents are not looking we got on it. Mr. Bill as past last year unfortunatly, he was a great single father and inspiration as I am a single Dad as well. To the point, I have his bike and I am going to resstore it. I am a certified Master Suzuki and Hyosung tech and I love reading up on modifications as well as original restoration tips. If you have any suggestion please post to this thread, all thoughts are welcome. I will be taking pictures of the original condition and posting them soon. Again, any tips or idea or welcome.

Tony Pitt:thumbsup:

man thats great. i still have a time getting my head wrapped around the idea that these old hondas are now becoming heirlooms,,to me they are still old motorcycles. that is what comes from being around when they were new i suppose. the only tip i can give is get her going.dont lose sight and try for an over the top restoration or anything.just jump in,let the bike and you evolve to what it will be while enjoying the whole process. looking forward to pics.

Last edited:
That's the plan, I'm just trying to find odd end parts like the oil lines. I have come up with a cool, clean, concepts that will not take away from the original look. Definitely gonna do some eyepopping changes with the paint and engine covers. Things like exchanging the brake rotor to a vented one are the main things I have to research.

That's the plan, I'm just trying to find odd end parts like the oil lines. I have come up with a cool, clean, concepts that will not take away from the original look. Definitely gonna do some eyepopping changes with the paint and engine covers. Things like exchanging the brake rotor to a vented one are the main things I have to research.

whats up with your oil lines? do you have the stock ones now? if you do and they need replacing one option is using a dremel to cut the ends off the fittings and use 1/2 hose instead.

Original hoses are on there. I mainly want to replace them because they are old and the braids are snared. So those hoses are not pressured lines? I'm waiting on the service manual to get here, I know new bikes and this one is a lot bit before my time. I want to be precise on it.

the hoses have little pressure ,,i have replaced several of them. the pain in putting original ones back on is down at the engine. the hose is crimped onto the nipple and the fittings the nipple are on have phillip heads securing them and unless you remove the engine they are really diffcult to break the screws loose. the top of the hoses at the oil tank the hose is crimped too,cut the crimps at both ends and you will have 1/2 nipples on the tank and the engine. i usually run automotive hose but have seen some run cheap braided plastic hose from the plumbing section of lowes with no problems.

btw you are going to need a hand impact for a lot of those screws on the engine covers. replacing with allen heads are usually the best bet. japanese phillips heads are a diffrent than american and our screwdrivers just wallow them out. here is a link,that explains the screwdrivers better and where to get one but a hand impact is still best for busting those old screws loose.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-tools/jis-screwdrivers/

Cool beans, I will probably be running automotive hose as well, I can braid those myself. I know about the screws, we call them butter bolts. I already have an impact driver, most valuable tool in my box. I am taking the engine off to rebuild it as well, I have a couple of fins broke of on the heads and want to replace it. The engine ran good but has leaks so, going through it may be in my best interest.

004.jpg

had to do one to be certain, when you are posting above the box there are icons. font,size, a smiley face,three away from the right end should look like a framed picture. that is the insert image icon. pick the image from your pc,click then click upload below that box.

Back