Simple (i hope) carb question

vegastruckee

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, OK so im getting ever closer to completing my 1978 CB750F cafe project but am stuck with my carbs right now. I have the bike running but need to finish tuning the bike. I dont have a manometer and was wondering if you may have a GENERAL setting that would put my adjustments CLOSE for now until I can find a monometer to properly adjust my carbs. Also on top of carb #2 there are two input tubes one is for the fuel line and there is a smaller one...??? what is that one supposed to hook to. Thanks for any help I appreciate it

1. AIR FUEL screw setting
2. top fuel screw setting___???not sure the name
3.What is the small input tube for
4.Any other tips for making this bike run good

I am pretty sure the tube you are talking about is the bowl vent tube. But a picture would help.

The Tube that is just in front of the fuel inlet on the #2 carb is just a vent to atmosphere. On the 78s i believe they used a fuel screw just to the front of the bowl. I usually set it at about 3 turns out. I think the top screws you may be referring to is just a port to plug in a carb synchronizer and it should be tight so it doesnt leak air into the intake.

A/F screws, screw them in gently until they just bottom out then back out again 2 1/2 turns. The best way to balance is by the "U" tube manometer. You will need 2 x 5mm adapters, about 15ft of clear plastic hose a broom handle and some 2 stroke oil. make a "U" tube by tying the hose to the broom handle suck up about 18" both sides of 2 stroke oil into the "U" tube, hook up to carbs 1 & 2, balance them together, carb 2 is the benchmark. Next balance carbs 3 & 4 then balance the 2 banks by hooking up to carbs 1 & 4.

+ 1 on the 2 1/2 turn out on the A/F screw. Bench sync. Any mods? Check coloration on plugs and adjust needles/mix screw accordingly. My .02

Back