• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Would you pay $750 for this......

AlBeix

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase a 79 CB750. The bike is complete and largely unmolested other than by time (seat cover) all lights are in tact, both side covers are present and accounted for. The bike has 75,000 Miles on it. Asking is $900 Cdn and my bid is $750

What do you think?

Im not a fan of the dohc so I wouldnt pay that. Parts support is next to nothing and many engine parts are no longer available with no direct aftermarket replacements. These motors needed maintenance in the valve train and nobody did it so damage is possible. The carbs are an utter pain to get clean and to get working correct and all around a pos. Unless these bikes are well kept and in good condition it will give you more fits and cost more money then its worth to get them running again.

Dunno bout Canada...but good Cb750 sohc/Gt750s etc prices are getting pretty high......The Dohc is viable if its mechanically sound AND you will do most of the work...
Oem cam chains/tensioners still available...tho thought to b a weak point.....Vince&Hyde race spec parts available...
The carbs are typical of 1980s Hondas incl. the CBX....finiky but doable.....theres good manuals via "the motorcycle project"....

Back