• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Workmanship. Am i being picky? (BCR Designs/Benjies cafe racers warning)

fred1090

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased an exhaust from a vendor with a good rep online. I received the exhaust today, and for lack of better description it looks rushed? I haven't even unwrapped them. Just looking at the ends though they really don't look great. Porous welds, not completely smoothed. Pinholes or manufacturing process holes not plugged?

I guess I'm here to ask am I being nitpicky or is this unacceptable for a 2 thousand dollar stainless exhaust system.

Overly picky no....
what are the other options like??
if you paid by paypal or cc u should be able to return....unless the system was built to order...

I Payed with discover through PayPal. Other Companies said similar pricing wise. Some a little more. But I really would expect good quality at this price point. And this company is supposed to have a great reputation. Still waiting on them to reply back.

Care to share the brand of exhaust?
In one of the other forums i am involved with i know people had issues with a known/established brand....(if its of interest...)

You can pm if you care to share& if you dont want to post in public....

There should be no excuse for poor welding of any kind. It looks like the company had outsourced the construction and then brought it in house to ship to you. I have had this happen to me on some occasions, although not with welding since I have done my own for quite a few years. That looks like it was right out of China. My opinion for what it is worth.

If that was my work I would throw it in the garbage and fire the welder. There is no excuse for putting out such work. Looks like it was done by a first year apprentice.
You are not being picky at all, I would send it back and have them do it again, this time with a little quality.

My opinion for what it is worth.
Chris

So they offered to take all this back and let me get my 3500 bucks back. I'm most likely going to do that. Does anyone have recommendations for a 4-4 exhaust for a dohc? Preferably stainless but good quality chromed works too.

I think for tank I'll buy a used one. Hopefully with little to no dents to fix and clean it up/ get it painted.

Got most, not all of my money back. Benjie returned my money as a "good or service" transaction and cost me an extra $150 on top of the 375 I was out for shipping both ways. So after all this I'm out over $500 for these low quality products. Well, the privilege of seeing them in person I guess. Asked benjie to refund it and he's now ignoring me.

Warning to anyone looking at him. I don't know if it's a crapshoot in general or just with made to order products that aren't their "norm", but I wouldn't let a friend spend money there after this experience.

Did you decide on another exhaust?

From major companies ive only seen 4 into 2/4 into 1.....for the DOHC
Nope still hunting. I'll post back here if I find one. Crazy I can find one for a cbx next week but for a cb750 it's a special order item.

Not sure what bike you have but I just bought delkevic for my cb750fa and it’s top quality stainless 4-1
Also Marvin do 4 -2 and 4-1 in chrome

Not sure what bike you have but I just bought delkevic for my cb750fa and it’s top quality stainless 4-1
Also Marvin do 4 -2 and 4-1 in chrome
I am looking for a 4 into 4 for a dohc 750. But thank you. I've been considering a delkevic 4 into 1 as a temporary solution. Bike is almost ready for the road.

fwiw...i have the delkovic with megaphone good fit and seems well made for price.....
With the baffle is within local100DbA limit ....

IMHO...Aftermarket chrome doesnt seem to hold as as well as OEM...

Last edited:
Back