• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wiring Harness

keges335

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I am working on a 1981 Honda CB 750 K. I plugged all the wiring plugs together in the Headlight bucket. And Turnsignal plugs etc.
I have a Blk Female and a Brown female plug left over. And no wires left to plug into these 2 Any suggestions ?

Thks Keith.

I just put a new harness in my 81 cb750c. The original harness had a black, brown and one or 2 green not plugged into anything so i just left them as so on the new harness.
I assume they just use one harness for multiple bikes and leave the unneeded wires in place to simplify manufacturing. My turn signal flasher for example has only 2 prongs but 3 wires going to it so one is left dangling. Apparently different models/years had turn signal flashers with either 2 or 3 prongs but the harness was left the same.

One black female plug and one brown female plug is totally normal in my 1980 CB750K; they're on the wiring diagram as going nowhere. It's an additional power connection inside the headlight that's switched to the ignition from what I remember. Meant for accessories and such.

Check your wiring diagram.

Back