• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Winter Storage

Bloody Mary

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
'79 750 has a very small oil leak. Looks like pan gasket. Is it possible to drain the oil before storage WITHOUT re-filling with oil until Spring next year?
Thanks

The oil during the winter is not the issue, the fuel in the tank and carbs is, I start mine up every two weeks to optimum temp. Some people drain the float bowls..🇬🇧

I typically keep the tank FULL with Ethanol Free fuel, and drain the carbs completely. Some have recommended keeping the carb bowls full too.

same here, fill tank with sta-bll run the bike for a little while to get the treated gas into the system. Then shut off gas and run the bike (Carbs) to they are fully drained (using the choke at the end to assure no gas remaining). using this method I have never had a problem. don't worry about the oil until the spring

The oil during the winter is not the issue, the fuel in the tank and carbs is, I start mine up every two weeks to optimum temp. Some people drain the float bowls..🇬🇧
I fill the tank and put 50ml of fuel fit by Briggs and Stratton don't have any problems then

Back