• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Where to buy head studs

I'd be interested in this too. Although my bike runs fine, I have the infamous oil seepage of the head gasket on my '79 CB750L and I keep reading that people say to replace the head studs with heavy duty studs...which I can only find listed for the SOHC motors. Hope someone has the answer.

My issue is the block itself. the M6 threads are stripped! so yes I'm in the boat to probably drill and re-do the threads to put new head cover studs. I think the block itself can house up to an M8? any experience on this?

My issue is the block itself. the M6 threads are stripped! so yes I'm in the boat to probably drill and re-do the threads to put new head cover studs. I think the block itself can house up to an M8? any experience on this?
Not really sure how much meat there is in those areas of the cases, but if possible I'd use time-serts instead of plain old helicoils. The time-sert is a solid insert and much stronger than the helicoil.

Back