• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

WANTED - HM 300 Exhaust singles or a set

RV2018

CB750 Member
Reaction score
WANTED - HM 300 Exhaust singles or a set in very good condition. Rare but not impossible and if you don’t shoot you don’t score. I have a 1971 Honda Cb750 K1 but purchase with a 4-2 system. May drive to pick up if reasonable distance from Port Huron, Michigan. 48060. Otherwise would need shipped. Thank you.

I’ve reached out to them to confirm availability and shipping. Thank you for the contact. I was hoping someone closer would have stock as shipping could be very costly from the UK. Thank you again.

The exausts are made by Daytona in Japan and Z1 parts inc used sell them https://z1parts.net/honda-1/

Since COVID supplies are difficult we use David Silvers in UK https://www.davidsilverspares.com/CB750K0-FOUR-1969-1970-USA/part_217721/

Good luck, heres my before and after Gold USA CB750 14,000 miles totaly rebuilt over winter 125mph out the box !
Honda CB750 in DK.jpg

Honda CB750 K0 1970.jpg

Attachments

• Honda CB750 in DK.jpg
    Honda CB750 in DK.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 159
Incredible. Looks beautiful. Mine is a also Candy Gold and all original. The original exhaust was exchanged for a 4-2 system or I’d be much happier. The bike otherwise hasn’t been touched. Only 7300 miles and very clean to start with. I want to do it over next winter. There is also a David Silvers in Pennsylvania USA but not sure if the pipes are good quality compared to Japan made products. They are out of stock anyway but I’m not in a rush. Are those reproductions on yours? What did you do with your old pipes?

Incredible. Looks beautiful. Mine is a also Candy Gold and all original. The original exhaust was exchanged for a 4-2 system or I’d be much happier. The bike otherwise hasn’t been touched. Only 7300 miles and very clean to start with. I want to do it over next winter. There is also a David Silvers in Pennsylvania USA but not sure if the pipes are good quality compared to Japan made products. They are out of stock anyway but I’m not in a rush. Are those reproductions on yours? What did you do with your old pipes?
Old pipes were rusted into holes. In my experience the pipes from Daytona Japan are better than stock, I have bought both sets over time both Honda (when they still made them) and the pattern sets now from Daytona, the Daytona ones were better, they certainly fitted better. Those are the reproductions on the gold K0. All the bodywork is also Daytona and from Dave Silvers, was cheaper to buy new and again quality was superior to standard. The plastics have the Honda logos sort removed on the tooling and again superb and made from the Nylon6 as per Honda. Its great we can still get parts for these bikes. Ive had a red K0 UK spec bike since the 80s now 180,000 miles. Like the saying goes..."Whats better than a Honda CB750.....Two Honda CB750s!"
DSC02437.JPG

Attachments

• DSC02437.JPG
    DSC02437.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Amazing bikes. I may have purchased your old pipes, welded them up and sent for rechrome. Any idea where Silvers gets their pipes from? They work out much cheaper for me in Canadian funds. I sent an inquiry to the link you sent to ask about shipping. Couple be outrageous. The pipes along are about $500 more expensive but we’ll spent if better quality. Also Yamiya in Japan is out of stock. I appreciate your info and pictures. Gives me Hope mine will look
Like that one day. Nice polish work also! Obviously better than new.

Amazing bikes. I may have purchased your old pipes, welded them up and sent for rechrome. Any idea where Silvers gets their pipes from? They work out much cheaper for me in Canadian funds. I sent an inquiry to the link you sent to ask about shipping. Couple be outrageous. The pipes along are about $500 more expensive but we’ll spent if better quality. Also Yamiya in Japan is out of stock. I appreciate your info and pictures. Gives me Hope mine will look
Thanks for the praise. Long winter nights in UK I taught myself to zinc plate, build wheels and Ive always be able to paint ( I painted the red one in the origanal candy red flip flop and pin striped out the lines as there were none available 30 years ago!) Im an engineer so engines is no problem. The trick with polishing is you can see from the before and after pics if the casings are bad wet and dry the surfaces with water and washing up liquid start 280, then 400, then 600, finaly 800 grit and use a rubber sanding pad behind the paper as must as possible, its not the buffer wheel that gives the finish its the prep with wet and dry. Then and only after a long time with the grit papers turn to a cotten buffer wheel with stainless steel (blue) rouge. Finaly finish by hand sparingly with SolVol Autosol. My bikes only need to occasional Sol Vol polish 20 minutes every couple of months........but never go near road salt........Aghhh.....I leaned a lesson.
The Gold Bike won 1st prize in a classic bike concors competition and it wasn't even entered, it was in the car park! Its standard apart from one of Carpys (LA-USA) floating discs, Joker Machine oil pressure gauge and Boyer Branston electronic ignition (works with standard coils and available from David Silvers). Good luck with your bike these early Ks are incredible machines, classic, tourers, and Ill admit a few times Ive showed a whole bunch of bike the way home to the pub (UK country back roads) 1) I knew the road, 2) I had big bars, 3) I was young and daft!

That’s incredible and great stories. I am licences in Autobody so I have lots of years of polishing and using grit papers. Lol. The trouble is I have some serious tears in my left shoulder and my right is not repairable. I need a reverse complete replacement but waiting until I’m 60. Luckily I have only done Autobody as a home side hobby the last 24 years. I’m hopeful the shipping isn’t too bad and I can order those Daytona pipes. Im Not in a hurry though so if you think the quality is the same from Silvers I can wait for stock. I also need a left gold side cover and a rear rim but will likely go aftermarket with them too. I was just showing my wife your bikes. Now I have more support to do mine. Have a great night.

Silvers pipes are Yamiya. Come in a Yamiya box. With Yamiya instructions.

That’s incredible and great stories. I am licences in Autobody so I have lots of years of polishing and using grit papers. Lol. The trouble is I have some serious tears in my left shoulder and my right is not repairable. I need a reverse complete replacement but waiting until I’m 60. Luckily I have only done Autobody as a home side hobby the last 24 years. I’m hopeful the shipping isn’t too bad and I can order those Daytona pipes. Im Not in a hurry though so if you think the quality is the same from Silvers I can wait for stock. I also need a left gold side cover and a rear rim but will likely go aftermarket with them too. I was just showing my wife your bikes. Now I have more support to do mine. Have a great night

1977 cb750 sold at auction slatybarfarst I guessing this is your bike at 9:00 m minute mark in this video.

WANTED - HM 300 Exhaust singles or a set in very good condition. Rare but not impossible and if you don’t shoot you don’t score. I have a 1971 Honda Cb750 K1 but purchase with a 4-2 system. May drive to pick up if reasonable distance from Port Huron, Michigan. 48060. Otherwise would need shipped. Thank you.
I have a complete set of cb750 honda exhaust pipes. Everything is there, except 1 muffler rubber connector. I live in Battle Creek, Michigan. They're in good condition, just a little surface rust. I have LOTS of CB750K parts. Two bikes, including an old cb750 honda chopper. Text me at 269-660-1811, if you're interested. Thanks.

When you contacted me about my set of HM300 CB750K exhaust pipes, I tried to send a message to you, and photos, but was BLOCKED. If you want to find out more about my exhaust system, you'll need to UNBLOCK ME.

20220711_162345.jpg

Back