• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Vin Question

zukman31

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello. New to the group and had a quick question. I have been redoing alot of old Hondas but have came across a 1979 CB750 that I picked up from a buddy of mine that buys out old Honda dealerships left over bikes. I am in North Carolina and I know the bike is out of NC because of the Inspection sticker from 1982 that is still on the bike. He also bought all of the bikes that was left from my local dealer when they closed up in 2002 and it was left there and never picked up. I own a repossession company and filed papers on it through my business. I got the paper work back from DMV and it says it is a invalid vin number but I can see it plainly on the steering neck tag. It says RC04-2000*** it is only 11 digits long, what am I missing. I have a 77 CB550 and the vin starts off CB550K-20094** and it is 13 digits. Can anyone help me or tell me what I am missing. Thanks in advance

THE NUMBER IS CORRECT, NO MISSING - The number is with VIN PLATE date 1/79 or 12/78 Missing maybe the VIN PLATE.

Back