• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Valve(s) bent? Any way to remove head w/o removing engine from frame?

Indydave

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
The timing chain on my 79 750f must have slipped. I have retimed it, but it won't start so I will do a compression test but I'm almost certain there must have been damaged to the valves. I have spark and fuel but it will not fire. So I am wanting to remove the head in order to do a valve job, but I don't want to take the entire engine out of the frame. I am older and I would have a lot of trouble doing that even if I wanted to. So does anyone know if I could remove the head by itself? I can remove the exhaust header and that should free it up except that there is no clearance to lift it over the head bolts.

I just found this video and he has the head off without removing the engine but it is a single overhead cam cb500. It also appears that his frame might be curved to allow the clearance. Thoughts?

My honda shop manual says engine has to be removed to remove the cylinder head on the dohc

Back