• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

value of totally rebuilt 1978 cb750f???

vernons

CB750 Member
Reaction score
have the oppurtunity to buy a totally rebuilt cb750f.. the engine was built top to bottom by cycle x with build sheet. 50 thousandths over bore/wiseco pistons,transmission undercut, they did the total works to the motor ..to much to list.. new kerker exhaust, new factory repaint,new tires. bike only has less than 100 miles on total rebuild.. what kind of value would members put on a build of this caliber with motor by cycle x??? only thing i would add would be shorter shocks for this vertically challenged rider!!! would appreciate your input..

That motor rebuild alone had to be 3-4k? Right? A good paint job is worth 1k easy. The rest would depend on the condition of everything. So I'd say 6-9k maybe. I could be way off. What are they asking?

the gentleman is asking 4000.00 build receipts for motor work was 4900.00 bike looks better than showroom new.. any and everything has been replaced.. almost feel bad about asking him to drop lower.. he actually bought bike from cycle x.. and completed the finishing touches himself.. a lot of times easy to tie up more$$$ than what actual value might be.. grading on a 1 to 10 scale i believe it would grade a strong 9 plus..

i'm bad,still strattling the fence!!! hoping he'll drop to about 3600.00. plus i'm starting to have issues with early stages of parkinson's. nothing bad.... but i still want the bike to play with!!!

buying the bike tomorrow!!! first thing gotta get is shorter shocks!! any members here that might have a nice lowered seat for the f model??? thank you for any leads!!!

well the bike sale fell through!!! come to find out the serial numbers on the title got screwed up..instead of frame#'s on the title someone recorded engine numbers on title??? don't know where the mistake originally happened.. either wisconsin dmv or oklahoma dmv??? might or might not be an easy fix??? good deal as it would have been i just said give my money back!!! seller acted pissed at me.. he should have found the mistake long ago!!! back to looking for a good deal...............

That bike is a steal at $4,000. I sold one nearly as nice for $6,200 last year. I'm really tempted to buy this one and have it shipped to me. I'm sure I could still get the bike registered in my state.

told him i would still purchase once title issues were straightened out.. never heard back. guess he got pissed cause i wanted title with no issues.. contact him and see what you can work out??? bike sounds great.. right sidecover needs replaced as it is cracked.. bike look's better in person. you won't be dissapointed in the bike..

You could part it out for way more than 4000 if a person had a little time and was afraid of the title issue.

your right on parting it out... and that thought had crossed my mind before i got the refund.. guess i figure if it's being sold with legit title i expected everything to match.. maybe he'll give me a call???? maybe not!!!

Some states did register bikes by engine numbers back in the day...dont know why but I have heard of it happening before.

did a little research on that subject also.. wisconsin is one of those states and that's were the seller bought the bike from. all out of state bikes coming into okla is suppose to be inspected by tag agent.. which would have caught this issue.. but seller knew the agent so bike numbers were never checked!!!

Back