• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Vacuum Fittings Needed

Never2Old

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm looking for vacuum fittings I can use to connect gauges to my bike to synchronize the carbs. I have a 1980 CB750C and I just rebuilt the carbs. I'd like to hook up some gauges but I don't know how to connect them to the ports in the head. The screw has a 5mm x .8 thread and I haven't been able to find any fittings that would fit. The only place I've seen them is with a $200 gauge set.

I'm waiting on some valve shims to get the clearances sorted out (.005) to get my compression to where it should be. Fingers crossed the compression will be good and I don't have to worry about burnt valves. Then I'll put it all back together and fire it up.

Thanks for your help, hoping to get the bike on the road soon.

DC

Perfect! Just ordered them. Valve shims should be here soon and I can get the bike put back together. I might be able to hear the purr of that 4 cylinder soon.

The only system I haven't tested is the ignition. Fingers crossed that it has spark when I give it a go.

Thanks again for the link, I never would have found that one.

DC

1980 CB750C

Back