• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Torque settings

Edward Buck

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi - I feel sure this will have been asked before but here goes - where can I find accurate info on torque settings for rebuilding a CBB750 SOHC - I have a K4 and a K2 in bits at the moment - looking at the manuals I have it says corned bolts at 15 ft pounds but this seems not very high to me - I need the main crank bearing torque also - anyone know where I find these?
thanks

Factory honda manual.

Main bearing big bolts are 16.6ft/lbs to 18.1ft/lbs per Honda

corned bolts???

Bolts are always tighter when coming off....you have to overcome the friction.....breakaway torque is always higher then the tightening torque. The rod bolts are very small and stretch easy, I always use the later version rod bolts if I use stock conrods....which is almost never.

Dirtdigger, Thanks for the reply, Yeah I've done a lot of car engines (but this is my first full bike rebuild, only done top end before) and you are right, but 15 ft Ibs does seem very light to me. I remember doing a Nissan 200sx and the torque was something over 200NM. Bigger bolts of course. I'm sure ill have more questions as I go, thanks again.

Back