• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Top end noise

AlexB

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my bike developed a sound that seems to come from the top end, which completely disappears after the bike is warm, this is a cold start, also it was low on oil and that's why I noticed to sound started, now it's topped up and up to level, the oil is Motul 5100 10-40. Any ideas about what it could be and if should I be worried?

It was barely touching the rod, after topping up the noise comes and goes away in the first 3,4 minutes of a ride, after that it goes away completely until the next start of the bike, it doesn't matter whether it's cold or warm engine, same symptoms every time, I was thinking one of the tappets takes a while to work in parameters??

Im not a hydraulic tappet expert..there does seem to be tappet noise there.
Others may chime in.
If the oil was at the lowest level and checked as per the factory manual/owners manual you may be ok..

Hopefully, I was thinking to open the top end and bleed the tappets, it only requires a top gasket and one afternoon :)

Back