• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Throttle Sticking

visorclown

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a problem that I've read a little bit about but haven't found a solution for my issue. So, here it is.

I just changed out my stock handlebars from a 1980 CB750F to a set of clubman bars. Obviously there is some slack in the cables and things like that. THere is a ben in the throttle cable, but it's not really tight, more like a swooping bend. If I pull the throttle housing off the bars it seems to snap back as it should. But as soon as I put it on handlebars it sticks. I'm wondering if the sleeve is sticking to the handlebars or something like that. I was trying to avoid shortening the cables until I find out if I want to keep the clubman bars or go back to stock. Any ideas? Thanks!

Are you're new handlebars painted/powder coated? Get a vernier caliper and compare the OD of your old bars with the OD of your clubmans. That's what I'd do first.

Hey guys so I have had a similar problem and after some testing, I've found that the problem lies with the new position of the throttle with my new handlebars. I already crossed out the other issues such as the powder coating and such.

So it seems that I need to adjust the throttle cables. I have an 82' CB750. Can anyone tell me or direct me to some sort of tutorial for how I would go about adjusting my throttle cables to make them work? I went from stock handlebars to Euro style which are lower and slightly narrower.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey I ran into this problem to on my 72. I just changed to clubman bars. All my cables (clutch, throttle etc..) are a lil longer now but they all seem to work fine. My throttle doesn't snap back as fast as it used to but it still goes back ok. Smaller throttle cables might do the trick but not sure sizes or whatever.

Back