• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

This question is about Compatibility

Blackjacc

CB750 New member
Reaction score
So I have a 1982 CB900 that I pretty much purchased for it’s wiring harness for my 1970 something CB750. I kept all the relays and rectifiers attached so I laid it on the frame and I’m getting things lined up and realized that the main harness plugs are different that go into the casing at the bottom. Can someone help with narrowing down what’s needed and what’s not needed, also if there will be any timing issues with me using the coils off the CB900..Also was wondering if that 82 900 motor would bolt up in my earlier bike but noticed my chopper is chain driven and the 82 is driveshaft, just needing some help…Thanks in advance.

Why would you try to fit a wiring harness from a completely different bike? Aftermarket makes correct replacement harnesses for the 70's 750s. Nothing is the same between the 900 and the old 750.

Got the bike cheap enough running and driving so was gonna just use the harness, but mainly using the paperwork due to building a chopper from scratch…thanks for your input, do you have a link to the harnesses by chance?

nothing will work between the two bikes. cb750supply.com and 4into1.com both have reproduction harness. You will just have to decide on what year will work for your application.

No problem. cb750supply does giveaways monthly on this site so be sure to enter the contest.

Back