• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tail Light Replacement Problem - 81 CB750c

TLAndrews

TLAndrews
Reaction score
Hi all, I am putting a new tail light on my 1981 CB750c. The new tail light is two incandescent bulbs with a single wire going to each of them (see pics). The top bulb is the stop light and the bottom is the running/plate light. I connected the green+yellow brake light wire to one bulb and my brown wire to the other. I grounded the green to the new headlight housing. When I turn on the bike the brake light works great but I don't get any running light and my head fuse blows almost immediately so I need some advice.

A couple other things are that I know the bulb for the running light works as I have seen it light up if I rearrange the wires. I also took apart the tail light housing to make sure that there isn't anything else going on with the wiring inside there and it is simply a wire going directly to each of the bulbs separately.

Does anyone have experience with this problem? Advice is much appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 9.27.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 9.27.07 PM.png
    566.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2019.JPG
    IMG_2019.JPG
    492.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2020.JPG
    IMG_2020.JPG
    471.7 KB · Views: 171
Back