• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Steering Stoppers

Luis Etchenique

'79 CB750F Super Sport
Reaction score
For my current build ( ‘79 Super Sport resto-mod ), I would like to limit the steering turning by about 1/2” on each side — this to allow enough clearance between controls mounted on the clip-on bars, and the gas tank, and prevent contact.

Any suggestions out there ? Has anyone done or tried this and could share some ideas ?

thank you as always !

— Luis

B4635241-5367-42B3-8F38-740F416025A3.jpeg

I recently installed inverted forks on a 750F1 and accomplished that by welding an additional plate onto the existing steering stop on the neck tube. You may be able to accomplish it more simply by building-up the stops on your lower triple clamp to limit the turning radius to the desired travel. Best to remove the fork/steering stem assembly from the bike for modification (after marking the layout needed).

Last edited:
I recently installed inverted forks on a 750F1 and accomplished that by welding an additional plate onto the existing steering stop on the neck tube. You may be able to accomplish it more simply by building-up the stops on your lower triple clamp to limit the turning radius to the desired travel. Best to remove the fork/steering stem assembly from the bike for modification (after marking the layout needed).
thank you for the advice, JP

I was a bit late asking the question, for the fork and al cables and wiring are already in place :-/ , so I'll most likely try to mechanically connect a spacer on each stop -- thanks again for the help !

Back