• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Springer front end

Rhino2131

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Has anybody put a springer on one of their builds? If so what brand did you use? Everybody I contact says their springer will not fit a Honda…
Thanks for the help!
Rhino

Yes x2. Buy any springer you want and replace the neck stem. Figuring out the bearings and races is the biggest pain in the butt of the whole process. Fortunately the 750 has a large dia neck so you can do a 1' stem and use pretty much use and ol' springer out there. 1" is also a popular ID for neck stems making the bearing selection process easier. The absolute easiest* way to go about it would be to buy an aftermarket neck stem the appropriate length and a little THICKER than your original. Take it to a machine shop (bring your old stem/ triple trees and new bearings for fit ref) and have someone duplicate the dimensions EXACTLY. All balls makes a tapered roller bearing kit that fit's the OEM neck stem. Changing the trees will make your front wheel unusable (because of the widthc) so make sure you have that planned out as well.

Has anybody put a springer on one of their builds? If so what brand did you use? Everybody I contact says their springer will not fit a Honda…
Thanks for the help!
Rhino
Contacted red at cycle one mfg in Oklahoma ordered everything I needed to put a springer on

Waiting on delivery sometime this week

24A4D795-02D2-40AC-8831-E6438397ADD3.jpeg

Attachments

• 893D7446-0E4D-4605-82F3-014127A4B997.jpeg
    893D7446-0E4D-4605-82F3-014127A4B997.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 132
Cycle x used to sell the correct parts to swap harley front ends onto hondas. May be worth a call to Ken, I am sure he would give you the part numbers or places to source parts to do the swap.

About 1400 for the springer front end
Axle nut/ bolt. Chrome front brake caliper
/ 21”inch chrome wheel and chrome brake rotor. Plus all balls racing bearing and Harley stem kit

Attachments

• 0404EC39-5ED2-4FEB-93F5-91DE5FD87FAA.jpeg
    0404EC39-5ED2-4FEB-93F5-91DE5FD87FAA.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 96E48AFF-185E-457A-B54F-791F18F1F47B.jpeg
    96E48AFF-185E-457A-B54F-791F18F1F47B.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 84
About 1400 for the springer front end
Axle nut/ bolt. Chrome front brake caliper
/ 21”inch chrome wheel and chrome brake rotor. Plus all balls racing bearing and Harley stem kit
any luck adapting the harley 1" neck to the honda frame? just got a wicked deal on a front end but has a 1' stem and i need to figure out how to install it

Google cycle one mfg in Oklahoma he makes custom frame swingarm etc Jack of all trade when it comes to custom motorcycle stuff

Google cycle one mfg in Oklahoma he makes custom frame swingarm etc Jack of all trade when it comes to custom motorcycle stuff
thanks. i sent one of the forms asking about the bearings. hope i dont have to find that chart of bearing sizes. nightmare trying to match the like 3 years harley used the same outer Dia. bearing size as honda with the 1 inch stem.

thanks. i sent one of the forms asking about the bearings. hope i dont have to find that chart of bearing sizes. nightmare trying to match the like 3 years harley used the same outer Dia. bearing size as honda with the 1 inch stem.
Let us know what you figure out.

Back