• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

SOS -- fuel line

Luis Etchenique

'79 CB750F Super Sport
Reaction score
hello all -- having a time trying to install my fuel line ( fuel tank to carbs ) on my freshly rebuilt '79 Super Sport

1 ) the petcock's outlet in in a very tight spot, AND it faces the center of the bike
2 ) so to connect to carbs inlet, it has to perform a tight right-hand turn and then immediate turn downward towards the carbs
3 ) there's BARELY any room to reach into the petcock's outlet and carbs' inlet as to complete the connection
4 ) can someone guide me on how to do this ? I haven't found any video or instructional material on the subject ... so, is it me ? -- am I doing something very stupid ?
5 ) BTW ... the fuel line I'm using is the original that came with the bike -- and it's as hard as steel !

thanks for ANY help you can provide me with

-- Luis
South Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.

tempImageJqAYSq.png

Last edited:
Yeah, the old hardened line may be near impossible to work. New hose will make it much easier. The proper ID is 5.5mm, but 1/4" sometimes will fit ok with good clamps. Local auto supply or
https://www.amazon.com/Wetenex-5-5mm-Clamps-Pocket-Motorcycle/dp/B08ZSV83YZ/ref=sr_1_1
https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-12-0053-Tygon-Premium/dp/B0022ZSNXC/ref=sr_1_3

I install on carbs first then attach to petcock.

Thank you JP - certainly need a new fuel line, which I have just ordered; being softer and more flexible will definitely help

What I'll do is as you suggest, make the carbs connection first, and then instal the fuel tank; once tank is in place, I the will make petcock connection. Will also substitute the carbs' for drain lines -- which have also become as hard as metal.

Thanks again !

-- Luis

They do actually drain the brass overflow tube in the float bowl, so if an issue arises the fuel will leak directly on top of the crankcase.
s-l500.jpg

They do actually drain the brass overflow tube in the float bowl, so if an issue arises the fuel will leak directly on top of the crankcase.
View attachment 13127

thanks again, JP -- I thought so

believe it or not ... I did a full carb rebuild couple of years ago, but forgot the exact function of the drain system -- thank you for clarifying !

Attachments

• tempImage3cKc2K.png
    tempImage3cKc2K.png
    3 MB · Views: 69
Back