• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Silly question about a '79 750 Ltd.

Old_Crow

CB750 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a '79 CB750L anniversary bike. I will be picking it up next month.
I live in my motor home and I will be loading it on a flat car hauler with my Jeep. I need a couple of dimensions.
I need to know the total length of the bike from the front of the front tire to the back of the rear tire, and I also need the distance between the front axle and rear axle with the forks straight ahead. I'm trying to locate where to mount the chock and tie downs on my trailer so I can load the bike sideways in front of the Jeep.

I've recently purchased a '79 CB750L anniversary bike. I will be picking it up next month.
I live in my motor home and I will be loading it on a flat car hauler with my Jeep. I need a couple of dimensions.
I need to know the total length of the bike from the front of the front tire to the back of the rear tire, and I also need the distance between the front axle and rear axle with the forks straight ahead. I'm trying to locate where to mount the chock and tie downs on my trailer so I can load the bike sideways in front of the Jeep.
Old_Crow - I just measured mine. It’s 85” from front of front tire to back of rear tire. Note: There is an extra 6” (91” total length) to the tail light lens. Distance between axle centers is 61”. Hope this is helpful.

Old_Crow - I just measured mine. It’s 85” from front of front tire to back of rear tire. Note: There is an extra 6” (91” total length) to the tail light lens. Distance between axle centers is 61”. Hope this is helpful.
Exactly what I needed. The trailer I have is 84" wide, so the chock will have to overhang the edge an inch or two. That's okay. I can use the axle dimension to figure out the location for sure.

BTW, if that's your current bike in your avatar, it's wearing the 10th anniversary special paint job. This one I just bought is my second one.
I had one back in the 90's, but the anniversary paint job did not survive it's previous owners and it ended up "teal" color. That was a new color to the automotive scene back then and a buddy of mine who worked at the same Chevy dealership painted it for me. Note that the side cover badges are gone, too. They were still available from Honda back then, but they wanted like $50/apiece. It was easier to fill the holes than find an extra $50 back then.
906876_631984860148200_1931731374_o.jpg

Back