• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

dist80c

CB750 New member
Reaction score
'79 CB750K. Idles rough at cold start. Previously I had to hold the throttle open for about 1 minute or it will die. Once it warms up a bit I can release the throttle and adjust the choke. The other day it cut out after about 1/2 a mile. I thought it might be flooded, so I waited a couple of minutes, restarted and took off, but it died again after about 1/2 mile. Now when I go to start it, it dies as soon as I release the throttle.

I run high octane (90-91) no ethanol fuel. I've also added Seafoam to stabilize. I took apart the fuel valve assembly and fuel filter. Everything was clean but I blew them out, anyway. Strangely enough, there was no filter screen covering the inlet valve to the petcock. Not sure if it was ever there, or maybe it came off inside the tank?

Carbs were rebuilt a year ago. It ran fine up until the last few days, although it always idled rough at cold start.

Appreciate if anyone's had a similar experience and can provide any tips or advice!

Back