• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rings for 65mm ART pistons?

Ray Clausen 75

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Need some expert advice or tips. I have an engine for a restoration project that I just opened up. The cam is shot, but I expected that. I pulled the head and found non-stock pistons. They measure 65mm, so I have an 836 motor. I pulled the cylinders and the pistons are made by ART. I learned a bit about them, enough to know they quit making pistons some time ago. I want to use fresh rings to put the motor back together. Any suggestions for finding rings compatible with the 65mm ART pistons? A new set of pistons/rings is an option, but that would seriously blow the budget. The pistons are in great shape, would hate to have to ditch them.

Have heard, but no first-hand experience, that the early ART 65mm pistons used CB350 Twin 4th-oversize (+1.0mm) rings: might be worth the research time on that.

The very early kits where modified cb350 pistons and thus used the rings Ring package sizes have changed as technology improves. Your best bet would be to have the pistons measured to determine the ring package size then contact Hastings and they should be able to find rings to fit. They found rings for my NOS MTC 72mm pistons. Post a pic of a piston maybe can determine how old they are.

Back