• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Right switch mayhem ! need help.

RickRR

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi guy's new here ,
I needed to replace both my control on my 750f 78 so I decided to replace them with more modern one .
I didnt know it was going to be this tuff to figure out ..

IMAG10531.jpg

So my understanding is :
power come in trough the Yellow-red ,in the red main switch
split from yellow-red to go for headlight switch ,then become black-red to fuse box for headlight

ok I wanted to have a headlight switch to kill it to have more power when starting .if this is a major nono ,electrical wise .., i'll take it off but I would like to keep it if i can.

orange-white ,aka suppose to be black-white .., to coil

orage-white split goes to starter button become orange-black ,aka black .., power to ?!?!
this is where I got it wrong but I dont know how to put them right ..
All input wanted please.

Thanks.

Rick

Your description of 'more modern one' could easily be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Not just any 'modern' one will work. It has to be wired similar to what you need. If you are talking non-stock wire color codes no one will be able to help you as the only way to fix will be by figuring out what wire does what, color is useless there, say the switch is from a Kawasaki.

The switch is from a 2000 gixxer I'm rewiring it to work with the original Honda harness.

Last night I made some head way when I realise that the starter button was an independent circuit.

yellow-red power from solenoid in starter button , then new green wire to ground.

black to top of kill switch ,then become black-white to coil.

black split to new headlight switch , then become black-red to fuse box for headlight

I'm i missing something ?!* :-\ :-\

Only YOU can determine that.......................if black is power then possibly. Solenoid would have to be external ground to work like that, if internal won't work.

Back