• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Resto-Mod F1 Build...kinda cafe, kinda superbike style

Got the upper monoshock mount fab'd and installed - tricky little bastard to get fit and welded in around the frame tubes and tied to the original backbone support. The original support was cut out - as it's only ~14ga sheet - so this 3/16" plate could be welded direct to the frame tubes (~.125") for adequate (hopefully) strength.
20230204_183035.jpg

20230204_183338.jpg

And...fab'd and installed a new steering stop that'll work with the new steering stem and keep the inverted forks out of the gas tank.
20230204_232917.jpg

Guess I need to check in here more often.... great progress Jeff :cheers:
Thank you sir...
Just now back from down south a couple months, so progress can resume shortly. Fortunately, all the fab work got done before leaving (good stopping point). So now I've got a couple of bikes to prep for the Ozarks trip. Then it'll be back on this 750 to prep, paint, powder and assembly...

why is the front tire mounted backwards??
It is! I laced-up the custom hub and thought it was symmetrical, so I didn't worry about tire direction when mounting. Went to put it on the bike and - oops - not symmetrical and the tire did indeed end up backward:redface: It'll get fixed before assembly:laugh2:

It is! I laced-up the custom hub and thought it was symmetrical, so I didn't worry about tire direction when mounting. Went to put it on the bike and - oops - not symmetrical and the tire did indeed end up backward:redface: It'll get fixed before assembly:laugh2:
No worries, Build looks great, I was hoping I didn't come off as snobbish? Only to comment to criticize!

Hi JP; no updates on this for a while, what happening?
Ads.

LOL..Good Morning!

So, went to FL for a couple months...bought a '75 XS and a '77 XLCR (both while in FL)....came home and attempted to ready the XS for the Ozarks rally (replaced numerous bits)...did the Ozarks rally....now attempting to get the Harley roadworthy (sitting in a museum 10yrs; couple days I hope). So, I should be back on the Honda soon: first-up will be blasting and powder coating the frame and installing it on the motor:laugh2:

LOL..Good Morning!

So, went to FL for a couple months...bought a '75 XS and a '77 XLCR (both while in FL)....came home and attempted to ready the XS for the Ozarks rally (replaced numerous bits)...did the Ozarks rally....now attempting to get the Harley roadworthy (sitting in a museum 10yrs; couple days I hope). So, I should be back on the Honda soon: first-up will be blasting and powder coating the frame and installing it on the motor:laugh2:
Blimey mate you dont half pack it in!
I wish I had your stamina, skills and time.
Ads

Back