• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Removing alternator rotor before un-seizing engine

loxley007

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m working on unseizing my engine and I was hoping to turn the crankshaft via the rotor.

However my rotor is rusted (see photo) so my question is, do I try and remove the rotor first to then apply pressure to the crankshaft (in case this is contributing to the engine being seized) or do I leave it on whilst I try and turn the crankshaft ?

The rotor nut can I loosen fairly easily but the rotor doesn’t want to budge.

Any thoughts then please let me know.

Cheers.

That rotor being stuck on there wouldn't be contributing to the engine seizure. It's mounted to a taper on the end of the crankshaft, well away from anything it could get stuck on.

Are you familiar with how tapered flywheels and rotors are typically attached? More often than not you need a puller of some kind.

That rotor being stuck on there wouldn't be contributing to the engine seizure. It's mounted to a taper on the end of the crankshaft, well away from anything it could get stuck on.

Are you familiar with how tapered flywheels and rotors are typically attached? More often than not you need a puller of some kind.

Thanks, I have a puller so will try and remove it after I’ve removed pistons.

Back