• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Removal of front wheel while on the center stand ?

Stratmanx

CB750 Member
Reaction score
1977 CB750 F2 .

The issue is, with the bike on the center stand, it leans forward balancing on the center stand and front wheel.

I don't have a bike jack that will support the weight of this bike and also see where the 4 into one pipe is a bit lower than the frame tubes, so crushing that by using a lift is a concern.

Is it possible to change the balance of the bike by weight down the rear of the bike while on the center stand or some other maneuver so as to get a bit of clearance in the front to get the wheel off that way ?

Thanks all !

if you have a garage put a lifting beam in or double up on existing beam if it's wood and it looks like it won't take the weight and lift it on lorry ratchet straps. that's what i had to do with mine, loads of fun

I used a small pics of 2x4 bad cheap 25.00 floor jack u kno the tiny little ones u see at harbour freight place it just undervth frame directly below the oil filter and just liftvvthe front enough to raise the front wheel worked for me hope this helps DYNO ryno

Thanks Dyno, that's what I was thinking.
I have a small workshop with no overhead beams so cant lift from there, but this method sounds like the plan.

Thanks !

I used a small pics of 2x4 bad cheap 25.00 floor jack u kno the tiny little ones u see at harbour freight place it just undervth frame directly below the oil filter and just liftvvthe front enough to raise the front wheel worked for me hope this helps DYNO ryno
I also need to lift the front. Won’t this method crush the exhaust pipes?

I also need to lift the front. Won’t this method crush the exhaust pipes?
You use a small piece of 2x4 and come up to the frame between the pipes. There's not enough weight there to crush the pipes anyway. I also use a block under the back tire after I've got the front lifted and before I remove the wheel. Keeps the bike from tilting back when the weight of the front wheel is removed.

Back