• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rear end twitching/movement

Zaphod

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 1982 cb 750f. I have a strange thing happening. I just bought this bike so i have no history of this.

Under breaking and under hard acceleration i feel a twitch or a movement in the back end. Just for a split second and goes away. Feels almost as the back tire is slipping. It feels scary.

If i brake and feel the movement i need to accelerate hard to feel the movement again and vice versa.

I have checked chain, bolts. Had the bike on centre stand and tried pull the tire i different directions, no movement.

Any ideas?

Has the tire good tread? what psi?....sports or "touring" compond.....are the tires old (10 years plus???)

Does sound like the swingarm ...did you check play with the shocks in place/removed?? .... tires a possibility

Hello, thanks for answering! I found the problem. I was not thourogh enough the first time i checked. I dont know what everything is called in english so bear with me :) There are 2 udjusters on the swingarm for the chain tension. On one of them there was a play of about 5-10 mm. Also, the tourqe on the axle bolt was way off. After i fixed this it was ok.

Yes, thats what I checked first, and saw it was off. And after that i noticed it was loose also. I always use calipers when i udjust that. Easy and perfect resultat always 👍

Back