• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rare Find

Steve 1976

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Just picked up this low mileage '76. Removed the rack/backrest. Changing the bars to stock dimensions. Want to also put forks back to stock length. I believe requires shorter fork tubes and springs, previous owner told me only a matter of changing springs. Suggestions? Also need to replace the left side cover, cracked in couple places. Plenty of aftermarket options that I can have painted like to find an original if possible.

Attachments

• CB750 7.jpg
    CB750 7.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 168
  • CB750 9.jpg
    CB750 9.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Definitely looks like longer than stock tubes. Kind of hard to believe the miles but you never know. Kick starter has been off and put back on a tooth off so some things have definitely been tinkered on. Looks like its all there though so a good find.

Looks great! There will be a spacer over the springs in each fork tube. Measure the spacers, that will tell you how much over stock the tubes are. fyi, stock do not have the spacer.

Definitely looks like longer than stock tubes. Kind of hard to believe the miles but you never know. Kick starter has been off and put back on a tooth off so some things have definitely been tinkered on. Looks like its all there though so a good find.

I moved the kick starter one tooth forward. It had been moved rearward a few times without swinging it into kick position scuffing the side case which fortunately rubbed out. Doubt I will make the same mistake moved it to be safe. Ignition switch was mounted on the bar center bolts just behind the indicator lights. Wire harness is long enough to reach stock position although cannot see any where to mount it and no evidence of a bracket being removed. Stock position use some kind of bolt on mount? I found the bolt on bracket.

Last edited:
Cracked side covers are easily repaired with ABS plumbing cement. If you can't find it locally, Amazon. Reinforce with fiberglass cloth on the inside. Remove paint from the area first. Clear all-purpose cleaner does a good prep, but keep it off paint you want to preserve.

Back