• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Question on carbs

Luckylefty

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi friends, i just got myself a 74 cb750k4 and i realised that the carbs on the bike is PD 41 B off a K7 ? Anyone knows what jetts i should be using? Currently it feels really heavy on the throttle and not much power while cruising. Please advice if you have other options for carbs ? Thank you so much!!

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 46
I am by no means an authority on carbs but the PD41B were on F model bikes.
Jets were 105 mains and 35 slow.
Round Tops used between 105 to 120 mains and 40 slow jets depending on carb model. They have five clip positions on the main jet .
The PD carbs on my 77K have a bear trap spring on the throttle return.
I don't have any F carbs but, I believe PD main jets only have three clip positions. That would affect your top end and cruising speed.

Hi friends, i just got myself a 74 cb750k4 and i realised that the carbs on the bike is PD 41 B off a K7 ? Anyone knows what jetts i should be using? Currently it feels really heavy on the throttle and not much power while cruising. Please advice if you have other options for carbs ? Thank you so much!!
I have 2 sets of CB750K Keihn "roundtop" carburetors for sale if you're interested. And other CB750K parts.
20220722_143516.jpg

PD carbs are much less finnicky than the others in my opinion. 35 slow and 105 main, usually 14.5mm float height. If you need jets, order from jetsrus because they have OEM brass which is obviously better. I’m running 40 slow and 120 main due to very open 4:1 and pods. As gunr said the throttle return spring is appallingly heavy and gives me a bit of an ache holding the throttle open on the highway. I have seen other operators shorten the spring to make it a little easier.

My PD41As have 5 needle clip positions. Stock position is the middle notch.

Back