• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Pilot screw tip broken

rtfm

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have 2 carb sets, one is original to the bike the other I bought off eBay. They both have broken pilot screw tips that are broken off inside. I have tried the push pin trick but can get the tip down far enough to push them out. Anyone else have an idea other then replacing them?

If there is any threaded portion still on the back of tip it will not push out, has to be unscrewed. And the screw has a spring, washer and o-ring that if still inside will prevent removing tip too.

Last edited:
well i figured out a way might not be the correct way but i got it out of both carbs.
cb750 carb fix.jpg

That was a metered hole size, if you enlarged it you may well have messed up the idle mixture to not be able to set it.

I used a never small drill bit that I broke off the end to make it fit inside and made sure it was the same size as the hole.

Then the hole is likely too large already, the gauge size of the piece of wire in the pic looks way too big, the original hole is half that.

Then the hole is likely too large already, the gauge size of the piece of wire in the pic looks way too big, the original hole is half that. Screw the screw all the way in to a light kiss, if the tip is sticking out above the carb bore it's too deep, the hole is wallowed out. It should come no further out than about dead even.

Dunno how so many get like that, I could have the carbs on 10 engines and never do that ever.

(Germany) Ich habe raus genommen mit passende Bohr, wie gebildet rtfm, aber vorher gut erwärmt mit Heizfön den Vergaser selbe. Bei mir war zwei Vergasers mit gebrichte Pilot Screw Spitze.

Back