• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Original exhaust

Well, I hate to ask the question again, but I just got a 1975 750 that I want to restore, and I'm looking for an original exhaust set. I'm following all of the recommendations in this, and similar threads, but does anyone have any current leads?

The 300 pipes are way better performing then the 341's because they are far less baffled. My dads original 300's are way better looking then the newer stuff. People always bought the 300's and put them on bikes that had the 341's because the 300's sounded throatier and made better power because of the far less baffling.
When you're talking 300's and 341's what does that refer to, as I'm looking for the 2 right side pipes for my 69?

When you're talking 300's and 341's what does that refer to, as I'm looking for the 2 right side pipes for my 69?
HM300 is the stamping on top of the upper pipe on '69 (K0)-'71(K1) models and the K2 - K6 models came originally with HM341. The 341 can be retro fit onto earlier models. There are sometimes reproduction batches available from Yamiya and David Silver Spares (disappear quickly).

HM300 is the stamping on top of the upper pipe on '69 (K0)-'71(K1) models and the K2 - K6 models came originally with HM341. The 341 can be retro fit onto earlier models. There are sometimes reproduction batches available from Yamiya and David Silver Spares (disappear quickly).
Thanks

At those prices, I'd consider custom pipes. I got mine back in the 70s when there were a lot of options advertised in the biker magazines. Today we might have to get them made. I spent a fair amount of time dialing in the carburetor fuel mixtures because of the pipes and the air cleaners, but I finally got it. I had to get a set of racing clutch springs because the clutch would just spin from the extra power. That worked.

Back