• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Old school mod to carbs

Bigred

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi ya I remember a mod done to the carb slides machine .008 off the lower back side to help the transition from violet jets to main jets. I have done this on my 71 and when riding it is a bit smoother but when shifting the rooms do not drop far enough to make a nice smooth shift.I have gone through the carbs three times balanced them three and set idle needles.I think the air flow is slowing the drop of the slides.The slides can be forced down by turning the throttle.Any old timers have experience with this mod
Thanks

Something is binding, airflow cant hold the slides open. The throttle return spring is already stiff on these carbs, if you gotta force the slides closed something is binding or out of adjustment.....make sure you have some slack in the throttle cables. A lot of the time hanging rpm is caused by ignition advance hanging....either the advancer is sticky or springs are getting weak.

Something is binding, airflow cant hold the slides open. The throttle return spring is already stiff on these carbs, if you gotta force the slides closed something is binding or out of adjustment.....make sure you have some slack in the throttle cables. A lot of the time hanging rpm is caused by ignition advance hanging....either the advancer is sticky or springs are getting weak.
Thanks for the reply ..the carb slides move smoothly when the engine is not running when running I rev the engine it comes down to around 2500 and hangs there for a short time I can turn the throttle and bring it down or wait a short count and it will drop on its own I have never seen this in an advancer problem but I will check it

Back