• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Qbnrednek

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I like the look of the original seat on my '81 CB750C , but that fender and huge tail light has to go. Thing weighs at least 8lbs. I'm not wanting to cut anything at this time, but I'm thinking about using the existing fender boltholes to relocate new "smaller" tail lights and mount a license plate bracket. These brackets usually have a way to attach a brake light. I want to keep everything in the rear. I used to have Harley Street Bob with the low side mounted license plate and it has its short comings (kick it everytime you throw your foot over, catches everything you go by) and trying to avoid the "Bobber" look. Has anyone seen a clean setup like this while trying to keep the factory seat and not modifying the frame?

Attachments

• cb750-1.jpg
    cb750-1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 199
  • cb750-2.jpg
    cb750-2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 190
I am in the same spot as you Qbnrednek. I bought a Bobber and there's no plate, or rear tail light. I just bought a universal fender and another scrambler style fender loop to weld up the back. I also found several different mounting options on ebay. Not the best out there, I know, but it may give you some ideas. I went with a single large tail light that's a multifunction, and bought a couple cheaper brackets to try mounting my tag high up on the side above the shock, or underneath the tail light, which will go on the top of the rear fender. Once I start working on it I'll post up some pictures.

Last edited:
Back