• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New RPE Racing H Beam Forged Conrods CB 750K

RPE Racing

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello fellows,

New CB750 SOHC conrods from RPE Racing. These are a direct OEM replacement and much stronger than stock. For those of you who have bigger bores (heavier pistons), higher revs or are just after a better than OEM rebuild, this is it!

Not as expensive as carrillo or pauter but just as strong.

These retail for 700. Free shipping if you buy through the forum. Just send me a PM.

Link to ebay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272408103055?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Specs:
4340 Forged Chrome Moly steel for highest strength
Shotpeened
H Beam design
Supplied with 200.000 psi 12 point high strength bolts
Bronze Bush little end
Stock (360g) vs RPE Racing (409g)

Please note also:
"Stock con rod bolts are not designed to be re-used! When tightened properly (and you should do that at any rate), they will stretch beyond their elastic limit. When re-used, they may come loose, and if they do, it's a major havoc in your engine" - Satanic Mechanic

Thanks ;),
Paulo

They look great.They look just like carrillos...which is a good thing. Are they made by carrillo? Do you use ARP bolts?

Thanks! They are just lookalikes...

Bolts are only 200.000 instead of 220.000 psi of the ARP 2000. But the rods can be used with ARP's - they bolt just in - although these ones are perfectly fine for everything.

These bolts are equivalent to 8740 Chrome Moly material.

I dont need them at the moment. I have a motor build in the planning for the future. More just curious and interested in what all you offer. I build several engines per year and always on the look out for parts suppliers and new and interesting parts. I like what you are doing with the sohc 750 motor.

Are those piston squirter holes drilled in the big end?

Tell me more about the the 70mm stroke you mentioned on sohc4 forum. Are they welded stock cranks or new forgings. Seems the issue with welded stroker cranks is they always develop cracks...its not if or when.

Do you use shorter connecting rods or pistons with the pin moved higher?

I have a large stroker crank on my shelf from a motor I disassembled and it had custom pistons using a pin that was in the oil ring and stock length rods. One of the journals on the crank was ground too wide which gives it too large of a side clearance, so I am afraid to use it.

I was going to build this stroker motor for my drag bike but these issues made me build just a little old 1036 motor lol

Tell me more about the the 70mm stroke you mentioned on sohc4 forum. Are they welded stock cranks or new forgings. Seems the issue with welded stroker cranks is they always develop cracks...its not if or when.

Do you use shorter connecting rods or pistons with the pin moved higher?

I have a large stroker crank on my shelf from a motor I disassembled and it had custom pistons using a pin that was in the oil ring and stock length rods. One of the journals on the crank was ground too wide which gives it too large of a side clearance, so I am afraid to use it.

I was going to build this stroker motor for my drag bike but these issues made me build just a little old 1036 motor lol

Hi,

New billet 4340 steel 70mm stroke (race design, 8kg, knife edge weights, balanced,...) + custom rods to suit all CB750 pistons (15mm pin). Rods are 3,5mm shorter to suit new stroke. Similar in design to the ones above.

Those welded boldor cranks are not a good engineering solution...

3500 AUD$ gets you a billet crank and a set of forged rods.

Paulo

That will be great, the first new billet cranks for the 750 that I am aware of. Everything else has always been welded stock. I like the fact you are putting in effort into making new stuff for the 750. I'll start saving up my pennies for a stroker crank!

The first commercially available yes...not the first ever. We have one in a 1340 engine of our own :thumbsup: All machined in house by 'the Boss'.

Thanks for that, we will be ready!

Back