• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New member hello and tank question

You have to use english in the right way. You said 'I heard...' rather than 'Can you do this?'. If you heard then why would you be asking the exact same thing again???

'.... is separate from the petcock...' DID answer your question so the not helpful in any manner thing is wrong as the words 'not' and 'any' turns the statement into an absolute. And you go on to thank me then insult me at the same time.

'And I heard the SOS pump is removable without any side effects other than having to turn it off before storing.'

How or even why would you need to turn 'it' off if you removed it? And the part is a valve NOT a pump at all. Once again the english gets in the way. There is NO vapor lock in a gravity fed carb on bikes like that, somebody does not know what he is talking about. You already had the gist of it as well and why repeat myself after others? If you need to be told twice you are your own problem. So by trying to mollycoddle you I apparently caused you to flare up instead. Great, dealing with a child now.

'From the lack of any helpful tips here, I found another forum that said...'

Unfortunately the english used there as compared to post #17 confirms a LIE, poster had already been there according to the earlier post.

Thank you. Learn the meaning of english and how it can kill you. No wonder Florida is so messed up. Go back to your video games where nothing is real.

You will discover on these that running more often than not does not mean running right. Get in line.

Wow, thanks for the english lesson. Turning OFF meaning the petcock to prevent vapor lock. If you remove something how in the heck do you turn it off? Seems you weren't engaging the brain cells there my good man. And a vacuum pump is off course a valve controlled actuator. But I was not exactly talking about that, I took it off and the bike runs just fine. Perhaps another forum may be more helpful cause I really did not come here to annoy anyone. Simply asked a question. Sorry to have bothered y'all. Peace. OUT.

For what it is worth AMC has left this forum because of this very reason.

Back