• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New member, '96 CBSevenFifty

RobG

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd post, thanks for letting me join. I prefer the forum environment to others. Here is my bike, pretty much standard, but that's how it came together after a bit of tidying up. Some pictures of recent tours. Cheers, Rob.
20210501_095756.jpg
20210501_095233.jpg
DSC_0860.JPG
DSC_0858.JPG

They are just ebay bags, from a local supplier here in Australia. I can imagine you would find something similar closer to your home. I put some low-stick tape on the lower parts of the tailpiece to protect the paint. I didn’t think they were tough enough at first, but I have used them a few times and they are proving to be more than adequate. Here is the supplier and description. Cheers, Rob. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Touring...a-5031-46b7-9435-20385341f782&redirect=mobile

Hi m8 the last pic with the bags next to the exhaust reminds me of my earlier bike gpz500 me an the Mrs was on way up to Scotland an I had bags like this but I made a small platform with 1/2 inch gap between each alloy plate to stop the bags touching the exhaust I got less than 100 miles and R1 came along side me I'm doing 85mph and he's pointing to the back my bike so I pulled over mrs climbed off the bike as I did the right side bag exploded .the Mrs had large can hairspray in the bag an her clothes they was all over the hardshoulder of the M6 on fire.
The heat off the exhaust went up thro 1/4inch alloy thro 1/2inch air flow gap thro another 1/4inch alloy plate an boiled the hairspray can to exploding it . So seeing your bags on the exhaust be careful they don't burn .

Hi m8 the last pic with the bags next to the exhaust reminds me of my earlier bike gpz500 me an the Mrs was on way up to Scotland an I had bags like this but I made a small platform with 1/2 inch gap between each alloy plate to stop the bags touching the exhaust I got less than 100 miles and R1 came along side me I'm doing 85mph and he's pointing to the back my bike so I pulled over mrs climbed off the bike as I did the right side bag exploded .the Mrs had large can hairspray in the bag an her clothes they was all over the hardshoulder of the M6 on fire.
The heat off the exhaust went up thro 1/4inch alloy thro 1/2inch air flow gap thro another 1/4inch alloy plate an boiled the hairspray can to exploding it . So seeing your bags on the exhaust be careful they don't burn .
Well that would put a dampener on a good ride real quick! The first two photos give a better indication of how clear of the exhaust the bags are. The last photo it’s a trick of the angle. Thanks for the heads up though, always careful.👍

And British Racing Green!.... which is not a color available in the USA. BTW, a Vance & Hines 4 into 1 exhaust would put a huge smile on your face.

Back