• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Need help after the flooding of the carbs

jsfoles

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys need a little help. I have a 1975 cb 750 with 4 CR carbs. I flooded them real bad and since then the bike will not idle and has lost a lot of power. it is not missing it just want go as fast and it is a lot harder to get it going from the start. If i give it a lot of gas it wants to stall. I feel like it is something simple and related to flooding issure becasue it was runing great up this time. I checked the spark plugs and they seem fine. Thanks in advance John

How bad is 'real bad'? Normally if the carbs are corrected of the flooding there is no remainder problem at least in the carbs any longer.

If the plugs are black they are no good, if still new then they may be white yet fouled too.

If you had the most serious type of flood that can hydrolock a cylinder you may well have damaged the engine.....................

How bad is 'real bad'? Normally if the carbs are corrected of the flooding there is no remainder problem at least in the carbs any longer.

If the plugs are black they are no good, if still new then they may be white yet fouled too.

If you had the most serious type of flood that can hydrolock a cylinder you may well have damaged the engine.....................

I will check the plugs again but i think they are black. I will change them if so. thanks alot for the info!!!

Black plugs are NOT fine. They are fouled and likely you have lost at least one cylinder there and should be able to tell by sound of the engine and by the way it is acting.

Back