• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Need a measurement

jnelson1954

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Good Evening All:

This is going to be a little weird, but here it goes... I'm stuck here between a rock and a hard place. You see I'm on a ship in the middle of the ocean off the coast of South America. My 1978 750 Honda is home in Georgia. I've just purchased some Wilwood 4 piston Calipers to do a front end dual disk upgrade. I'm designing the bracket that I'll machine out 6061 Aluminum to join the caliper to the left and right front forks. So my problem is I need a measurement and since the bike is not here... well you know the ending. I sent a photo to my wife and asked her to give me the distance between the disk and the mounting bracket on the inside of the fork... well that did not go well. But here in 750 land, one of you guys can walk out to your garage and give me exactly what I need. How about it. See phots and drawings below.

JNel

Last edited:
I need the distance between the inside surface of the fork mounting holes and the disk itself. If one of you folks can help me out it would be most appreciated. I'm thinking is got to be about .50 inch space between the disk and back side (Innermost surface) where the original bracket attaches. If anyone has a comment on the choice of the Wilwood 310-GP, that would be cool. I think it's a good application for this bike and with two four piston calipers, it should stop on a dime.

JNel

Attachments

• 3d Design.jpg
    3d Design.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Fork Mounting Holes.jpg
    Fork Mounting Holes.jpg
    694.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Back