• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My First “Oh Shit” Moment -Rebuild

Azdevil09

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing my first ever engine rebuild, learning along the way. I am currently Re-assembling my 81 750 engine and I have had my first “oh-shit” moment. When installing the primary chain “guard/guide” the head of one of my bolts snapped off. How do you remove?

Attachments

• IMG_2768.jpeg
    IMG_2768.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 48
Doing my first ever engine rebuild, learning along the way. I am currently Re-assembling my 81 750 engine and I have had my first “oh-shit” moment. When installing the primary chain “guard/guide” the head of one of my bolts snapped off. How do you remove?
Haha,,,, well I went ahead and drill a small hole into the bolt and they used one of those “remove a screw” bits. That grabbed but just ended up making the hike a bit bigger. So I then drilled a bit deeper and then used a T15 but and set it in the hole. Used a wrench to loosen and the torx bit broke off in the hole. Lol

So I’ll probably just call it a day. 🤪

oh deary me that's another fine mess you've got me into stanley , the bits would have been expanding it and tightening it up. now you could be in the swamp and sinking if the bits are high tensile , go to the pub mate . you now need a good welder to build it up and fix another bolt head on then try again , the welding could shock it loose .

If you know how to weld, weld a net to the broken off bolt. If you dont I highly suggest you just spend the money and take it to a machine shop before you do something and ruin the case. Itll cost you some money but it will save you the cost of a set of cases if you mess up the hole.

Back