• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My 750 hardtail

dirtdigger

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
First post on this site so thought I would share the latest bike I built. I built frame from scratch. 836cc motor. Rear wheel and brake from a CBR900RR. Was well received from people at Sturgis this last year so I am pretty happy with it. Currently building a new 836 motor for the bike.

Attachments

• chopper pics.jpg
    chopper pics.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 202
Lookin' really cool!

You wouldn't happen to have a close up on that front tank mount? I have a frisco style sportster tank (much like yours) and I'm dribbling with how to mount it..

Thanks. And again - I really like your scoot!

Attachments

• 20161106_162757.jpg
    20161106_162757.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 189
I don't have a close up of it. I have studs welded to the tank and they just go through flat tabs mounted to the frame. I have them mounted through rubber washers. Simple but it works. I didn't want to cut the tank to install hidden mounts. Appreciate the compliment!

Last edited:
Red and black have to be my favorite colors. The pipes I made from tubing scraps, but they are equal length. Thanks for the compliments!

nice ride, love the colors too, do you have any springs under that metal pan, would be hard ride with out, rear axle mounts are super cool!! kudos on the work.

It does have a padded seat on it now, I was in a hurry to get it going when I built it. All I had was the seat pan at the time and didn't have enough money to have it padded and covered. Its not as bad of a ride as one would think.

Nice Scoot.Did you use the stock frame and chop from there or use something completly different ?

Attachments

• IMG_20180512_201418_01.jpg
    IMG_20180512_201418_01.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 234
Only thing stock is the steering neck for title number. Rest of the frame I built from scratch. 1 1/4 thick wall tube.

Oh yeah. I've been riding the bike for about a year now. I have confidence in my welding, its not the first frame I've built. Been faster than the interstate speed limit here while playing with the Harleys during the ralley. (Sturgis) Handles very well.

Attachments

• CB750 1981.jpg
    CB750 1981.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 253
LOL the question was more how it handles than weather it will dissintigratre at mach2 .The problem with having a really cool looking hardtail with all that juice is ya gotta find a real smooth long area to try it out .Kept the geomtry stock on mine but lengthened it 6" handles really nice as well .:thumbsup:

The rake is about stock. It handles good, can ride one handed without thinking about it. I live in the hills/mountains so ride on a lot of twisty roads. Cant go to fast in the corners just because of the limited ground clearance. But thats what I have the CBR for!! I haven't compared the length to a stock bike, just built it to the look I wanted and so everything fit. I'm happy with it though so Im good to go!

Finally getting around to painting the front fender, had some time off today and it was halfway decent, we are getting ready for a snow storm so I will be moving snow all day tomorrow. Front fender paint will mimic the tank and rear fender. Now it needs to start drying up and getting warmer here so I can break-in the new motor!!

Do you have some kind of paint booth set up for doing your painting? Heated shop?

We're gearing up for the same storm. I hope we don't get too much snow.. I sold my snowblower last spring!

Travis I know the winters have been more mild lately, but selling the snowblower is most definitely a leap of faith. But I'm sure you know how to turn your dishwasher into one. Ha. That always worked well for me. NOT!!!

No paint booth, just paint in my heated garage. It is sealed up pretty well and I wet the floor down and wait a little bit for the dust to settle. I have a construction business with my dad so we move snow in the winter. I have a backhoe sitting in my driveway waiting for the snow to hit!

Andy, yeah I was trying to sell my house and was going to move to Florida. I have family there. The house didn't sell so I'm sticking around here for a while. No need for a snow blower in Florida. I guess I jumped the gun on that one.

dirtdigger, I was thinking about hanging some plastic in the garage to make a temporary spray booth. Like a Dexter kill room. I have a garage canopy thing I use as a shed I could probably use as well. Anyway, show us that fender when you're done.

Back